Time and time again, our clients tell us how surprised they are with their intimate waxing experience at Pamper Me. We've all heard the horror stories, so we've let our clients be the ones to tell you exactly what to expect . . .
1. "You don’t have to lie there with EVERYTHING hanging out!" At Pamper Me we provide paper knickers and a towel to hide your dignity. For the majority of the wax, we can work around these in order to keep your modesty.
2. "Your therapist won’t see the ins and outs of your anatomy." Your therapist won’t be having a close up with your downstairs- The wax is carried out in sections, so you don’t have to bear all! Even so, after 15 years’ experience waxing, we treat it like any other part of the body- it doesn’t faze us!
3. "You don’t have to feel like Chewbacca before coming to the salon!" In fact, your hair need only be as long as a grain of rice- we recommend 4 weeks hair growth. If you feel like your hair is too long, it can be trimmed before your wax.
4.“You don’t come out like a new born baby” ...or in other words, you don't have to have it all off. A Hollywood wax is the art of removing the hair from everywhere- from the front, between your legs, to in between the bum cheeks. We do a range of styles meaning you can just have a tidy up- leaving as much or as little hair as you like!
5. "It won’t be worse than childbirth!" Using Sienna X hot wax, as opposed to strip wax, is a lot gentler on the skin, as well as a lot less painful. Techniques like pulling the skin taut and applying pressure to areas also minimises pain. If pain is a worry, we can recommend taking 2 painkillers half an hour before your treatment.
6. "You don’t have to get down on all fours" …or be a contortionist either! Your therapist can switch up positions to make you feel comfortable while reaching all areas.
7. "You don’t have to skip your wax when your period gets in the way" We can do a full wax if your fresh, clean and wearing a tampon. So, don’t miss out before a holiday, special occasion, or even your regular monthly appointment.
8. "You won’t be plagued with ingrowing hairs." Folliculitis is a medical condition caused by a bacterium in the hair follicle. This can be treated with by your doctor. Although if you do get the odd ingrown hair every now and then you can use Bump Eraiser or exfoliate with Ruff Stuff (which you can pick up in salon or from our online shop), and this shouldn’t be a problem at all!
9. "Aftercare is essential!" Exfoliating and moisturising the area allows for a smooth and even regrowth, making sure there is no discomfort or problematic ingrown hairs.
10. "You’re gonna be hooked!" Pulling the hair out from the root means the hair grows back slower, softer and thinner. Alongside this, your missing out on razor burn and harsh hair removal creams! We recommend returning from 4-6 weeks, so it doesn’t have to get in the way of your routine!
If you fancy taking the plunge and having your first intimate wax, give us a call on 0161 4785412 or book online here